Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My Sicilian Grandmother has made this recipe for years and still does. It is one of those truly easy recipes that will have your dinner guests swear your ordered it from an Italian Restaurant. *However* It's important that I tell you that if you do not like cooking or eating food with a heavy wine taste or if you are not a fan of Rosemary, this is not the recipe for you! Of course, you can always adjust it but the flavor may not be as potent. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- In a large cooking skillet, place thin cut slices of chicken then pour the zinfandel over top *note you can eyeball the amount of wine you put in to your liking*.
- place sliced mushrooms over top of chicken along with the tomato sauce and rosemary.
- Bring to a simmer and remain cooking at a simmer. Do not boil it.
- When mushrooms shrink down and chicken is no longer pink, soft and tender, remove from heat and serve.
- Now, there are tons of ways to serve this. I personally like mine over white or whole grain rice but you can serve it over penne or a linguine type of pasta. The sauce is NOT a thick sauce. It is very watery so do not expect this to be thick over the pasta.
- *NOTE Also, I put my Rosemary in a mortar & pedstal and really grind it down. If you have very fine Rosemary, that works great too!