A different take on this Italian favorite. Truly in the "style of the hunter" because the porcini mushrooms have such an earthy flavor. Adapted from a recipe by Michael Chiarello on FoodTV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (or more)
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup hot water
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (mix of both) or 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken thighs (mix of both)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Soak the porcini mushrooms in the hot water for 20 minutes or so. Dice and save the water.
- 2Cut chicken into bite size chunks and saute in olive oil till browned. Remove from pan.
- 3Add the garlic, porcini and portabello. Cook till softened.
- 4Add the broth, tomato and reserved mushroom liquid. Let simmer a few minutes. Return the chicken to the pan, simmer 10 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup cold water and add. Simmer till slightly thick.
- 5Serve with rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore Pronto
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 278.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: