Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different take on this Italian favorite. Truly in the "style of the hunter" because the porcini mushrooms have such an earthy flavor. Adapted from a recipe by Michael Chiarello on FoodTV.
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (or more)
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup hot water
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (mix of both) or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken thighs (mix of both)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in the hot water for 20 minutes or so. Dice and save the water.
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks and saute in olive oil till browned. Remove from pan.
- Add the garlic, porcini and portabello. Cook till softened.
- Add the broth, tomato and reserved mushroom liquid. Let simmer a few minutes. Return the chicken to the pan, simmer 10 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup cold water and add. Simmer till slightly thick.
- Serve with rice or pasta.