1/1 Photo of Chicken Cacciatore (Pressure Cooker)
Modified from "Pressure Perfect" by Lorna Sass. I got a pressure cooker last Christmas and until yesterday, it was still sitting in the box. I vowed to use it before this Christmas, and this was the first thing I made in it. I made a few substitutions based on what I had on hand, and I was so happy with the results. Serve with rice, pasta or potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup white wine (not cooking wine)
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 lbs bone-in skinless chicken breast halves or 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives or 1 (6 ounce) can kalamata olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a 4-quart or larger cooker. Add the shallots and bell pepper and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the shallots soften slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in the wine and boil until about half evaporates. Scrape up any browned bits sticking to the bottom of the cooker.
- 3Stir in the mushrooms and garlic. Set the chicken on top. Cover the chicken with crushed tomatoes. Do not stir. Plop the tomato paste on top.
- 4Lock the lid in place.
- 5Over high heat bring to high pressure. Reduce the heat just enough to maintain high pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
- 6Turn off the heat.
- 7Allow the pressure to come down naturally. Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow steam to escape.
- 8Stir in the olives, parsley, red pepper flakes, cheese, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore (Pressure Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.1
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 228.9 mg
- Sodium 970.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 80.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: