1/1 Photo of Chicken Cacciatore (Hcg Friendly P2)
I found this recipe online and tried it. It was really good!! My family even loved it!! =) You don't have to be on HCG to enjoy this!! =) The ingredients can also be thrown into a slow cooker on low in the morning, for a great meal at dinnertime. =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 21 ounces chicken breasts (6 pieces, 3.5 oz each)
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth, for sauteing the chicken in
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, plus more to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, Diced, with juice
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano leaves, dried
- 1/8-1/4 cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1In a large heavy saute pan, heat the 3 tablespoons of Chicken broth over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces (if doing the HCG diet, be sure there are 6 pieces weighing only 3.5 oz each) to the pan and saute just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. Add more broth as it evaporates, if needed. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, saute in 2 batches or more.
- 2Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the onion and garlic to the same pan and saute over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining broth and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes with their juice, capers, oregano and about half of the basil. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over low-medium heat until the chicken is just cooked through.
- 5Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce.
- 6Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the remaining basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore (Hcg Friendly P2)
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 1182.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 23.7 g