Recipe by e_lizard_owen
from the Once a Month Cooking Cookbook. Tasty, not to spicy version of cacciatore.
- 2 cups chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
On serving day
- parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package spinach pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in vegetable oil until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- In same large skillet, saute onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Add chicken and all other ingredients except noodles and parmesan cheese to skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and freeze.
- To serve:.
- Thaw and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Serve over noodles, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.