Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband loves chicken cacciatore, I did not. Not until I came up with this recipe. Quick and easy, and the crock pot is very convenient. The leftovers are great too!
- 7 -8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced peeled tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans mushrooms, stems & pieces
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced olives
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Clean any unwanted fat from chicken pieces.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot, mix well, making sure chicken is covered.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 9 hours.
- Serve over pasta, or for a delicious change try mashed potatoes.
- Add a green salad.
- It's dinner!
WOW! This was really good. My husband and I devoured it. I didn't have chicken thighs, so I used frozen chicken breasts so that they wouldn't be too dry after cooking them all day. The chicken just fell apart when it was done. When my husband got home from work he said that it smelled like the Olive Garden. I will definately make this again.
We thought this we a really good dish! I made a few changes. I added about 10 cloves of garlic, used breasts, and used tomato puree instead of paste. I will def us the paste next time to thicken it. Everyone ate it up even my 1 1/2 year old!
Excellent! My husband said best meal ever! I did substitute fresh mushrooms for canned. I served with rigatoni, peas and Italian Bread. Very easy for a great meal!