Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a really easy Cacciatore recipe...YUM!
- 2 small onions or 2 medium onions
- 3 chicken breasts, diced (raw)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (I used this only because I didn't have any basil!!)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Put all the ingredients into the crock pot.
- Stir to mix.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Discard the Bay leaf.
- Serve over noodles.
- Cooking time is crock pot cooking time on low.
A wonderful recipe! So easy to put together - and comes out tasting super good! Other then using more chicken in order to have some left overs for lunch tomorrow I made as posted. Did the first two hours on high and then turned on low to finish. Already added to my favorites cookbook ... as well as to my cook book - Weekend Meals. Nothing like being able to share in the weekend fun while the crock pot is doing the work.
Follwed receipe, excellent, makes alot.