Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Traditional cacciatore but simplified in the crock pot. Serve over hot spaghetti for an authentic Italian meal.
- 3 lbs cut up chicken
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium sized yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut chicken into serving sized pieces.
- Peel garlic and mince.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp cloth and quarter.
- Peel onion and slice into ¼ inch thick rings.
- Drain olives.
- Place flour and chicken in a plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in medium size skillet over medium high and brown chicken.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove Bay leaf before serving.
This was amazingly good:)
This recipe is awesome. It also works really well with italian sausages, browned and cut up, which is one of my husband's favorites to order when we go out. Thank you.