Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Italian chicken recipe that's not too much tomato--absolutely wonderful. Recipe originally from a pressure cooker recipe but can be used otherwise. (Just cook longer and add more broth).
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 14 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 -3 garlic clove (depending on how much you like garlic)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- In cooker, heat olive oil then chicken, brown for approximately 5 minutes, then add rest of ingredients. Close the lid and bring to pressure, lower heat and cook for the suggested time. My pressure cooker says on position 1, 21 minutes. On position 2, 12 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the lid.
- If you are not using a pressure cooker then simmer for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. (Watch your amount of fluids and add broth as needed).
- Serve over polenta (follow the directions on the polenta package). Enjoy!