1/1 Photo of Chicken Cacciatore A'la Giada
This is a surprisingly easy dish to prepare straight from Giada de Laurentiis. Looks as if it had been cooked all day. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken breasts (you may remove the skin)
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons drained capers (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoons of each salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to coat lightly.
- 2In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and sauté just until brown, about 5 minutes. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, sauté it in 2 batches. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the same pan and sauté over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers, and oregano. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minute for the breast pieces, and 20 minutes for the thighs.
- 4Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore A'la Giada
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.5
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 125.3 mg
- Sodium 1729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 36.4 g