Recipe by mermaidmagic
My grandmother's recipe. I only changed the type of chicken. I prefer using tasty meat that doesn't need the bone/skin so much for flavor. My grandmother used a whole small chicken, but picking the bones out of this dish was a huge pain in the neck. I also use yellow and orange peppers for color, but she liked red.
Top Review by Barb G.
VERY, VERY, Tasty, we really enjoyed this cacciatore very much, served it with spaghetti squash, and a green salad as we are watching our carbs. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs,yellow bell peppers, Home canned tomatoes that I crushed with my hand blender, cooked for a little over 1 hour, very tender. Thank you so much for the recipe which I will be making again.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- olive oil, 4 tbs
- 34 ounces crushed tomatoes, in juice
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed and sliced (color of your choice)
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, halved
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb ziti pasta