Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was the first recipe that I tried as a novice cook and there were no leftovers. The results speak for themselves.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz apeice)
- 8 ounces canned sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 14 ounces canned plum tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add chicken and mushrooms.
- cook over medium-low heat until no longer pink, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add garlic and salt and pepper to taste and stir until blended.
- Transfer the chicken, mushrooms, and juices to a side dish.
- Add wine to skillet.
- Increase heat and bring the wine to a boil.
- Immediately add the tomatoes and heat to boiling, breaking the tomatoes with the side of a wooden spatula.
- This can also be served over rice.
- Return the chicken, mushrooms and juices to the skillet.
- Add dried oregano and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 8 minutes).
- When done transfer chicken to serving plate.
- Bring the tomato sauce to a boil stirring occaionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
- Can also be served over rice.
just sooooooooooooo good.