Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Neil Perry recipe
Make and share this Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 6 free-range chicken legs, cut into thigh and drumstick
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 400 g whole tomatoes, chopped with juices
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium to high heat. Add onions, garlic and sea salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until soft. Remove onions from the pan, add the chicken and fry, turning pieces to brown evenly.
- Put the onions back in, add wine and cook until wine reduces to a couple of tablespoons.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, chicken stock, olives, bay leaf and rosemary. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- The chicken should be cooked but not falling off the bone, and the sauce should have thickened. Check the seasoning, add a good grind of pepper and fold the vinegar through.