Recipe by Carmen B.
I submitted this recipe to Favorite Brand Name Recipes and it is featured in their Home -Tested Slow Cooker Recipes cookbook. I was the only one from Canada that was featured in the book. This makes a great sauce for pasta. Add more garlic if you like. You can also simmer this on the stove for 2-3 hrs. if you don't have a slow cooker.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- cooked spaghetti or rice