Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I submitted this recipe to Favorite Brand Name Recipes and it is featured in their Home -Tested Slow Cooker Recipes cookbook. I was the only one from Canada that was featured in the book. This makes a great sauce for pasta. Add more garlic if you like. You can also simmer this on the stove for 2-3 hrs. if you don't have a slow cooker.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- cooked spaghetti or rice
- Heat oil in lrg.
- skillet over medium-low heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Drain excess fat.
- Transfer chicken to a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except spaghetti or rice.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti or rice.
Excellent, we had this last night. The sauce was superb, just the right consistency. Everyone loved it.
Terrific! What a easy to put together, and great tasting meal! I served this on top of spaghetti, garnished w/shreds of parmesan cheese that melted (all the better!), and chopped fresh parsley. I did add a cube of chicken stock to it, and red chilli powder, and crushed red chilli-loved the kick! The reason I'm not giving this recipe the 5th star it probably does deserve is cuz I did feel that on its own it could hv an extra burst of flavour,dont know w/what....otherwise it is truly a great recipe! Thanks!
It was great. We had it with egg noodles and the meal turned out perfect. Very quick and easy also.