Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been searching for a rich Italian chicken recipe for ages. Found this on the ABC Radio South Coast website.
- 2 kg chicken pieces
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 125 ml oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 green capsicum, chopped
- 4 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 125 g tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 12 black olives
- chopped parsley
- Coat chicken pieces with seasoned flour and brown in hot oil.
- Stir in the crushed garlic, diced onions, and chopped green capsicums and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, sugar, cracked black pepper, thyme and mixed spice.
- Stir until combined.
- Cook uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes on low heat.
- Transfer to a casserole.
- Add the red wine; cover and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender and a thick sauce has formed.
- Add the black olives and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley before serving.
- Serve with a risotto or fresh steamed vegetables.