Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe originated from a Low Salt Cookbook I have and I've made some changes to get it where it is now.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, we prefer thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small squash, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients except olive oil and chicken in a crockpot and stir well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and brown chicken. Add to crockpot stirring again.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or high 1 to 2 hours.
- At the end add cornstarch as needed to thicken sauce and serve over rice or pasta.