Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Zesty chicken with garlicky tomato sauce. Magnifico!
- 1 chicken, about 3 ½ lb,cut into 8 pieces
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken with dash of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken, turning once for about 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion, rosemary and 2 tbsp parsley, garlic and oregano and cook for 7-10 minutes until onion are tender.
- Add white wine; boil until reduced by half, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in whole tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, mushrooms, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper, breaking up tomatoes with spoon.
- Return chicken to skillet, cover and simmer 45-50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with pasta.
This was very flavorful. I added sliced green peppers to this recipe. I had friends over for dinner and served it with flavored brown rice. Everyone loved it.
fabulous! i cooked for my boyfriend and his mom (who is really picky) and she was going nuts over this. definitely keeping this recipe for next time!