Recipe by alanatiger
This recipe is out of this world!!! It is my adaptation from one I found online.
Top Review by Chef Stevo
I made this recipe for my dad and myself. He had two comments, very good and very tasty. He usually doesn't say anything about a dinner or usually just one comment so I know he liked this. I had no mushrooms so I left them out. I will have them next time, I love mushrooms. I used chicken breasts and added Mozzarella cheese slices and also Pecorino Romano cheese on top at the last seven minutes of cooking. I also had no rosemary so I used Italian seasonings that has rosemary in it plus other herbs. It was real easy to make. It took me about 1 1/2 hours total prep and cooking time. I served it with green beans sauteed in butter with onions, garlic, salt and pepper, and a small salad.
- 2 lbs fresh chicken (I prefer dark meat)
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade is best)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 portabella mushroom, sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Brown the chicken on all sides and remove from the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the drippings in the skillet and saute until transparent Add the wine and bring to a boil, simmer until it is reduced by 1/3.
- Add the broth, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, rosemary, anchovy fillets, and black pepper.
- Stir well, the add the chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.