1/1 Photo of Chicken Cacciatore
I came up with this recipe by combining the best of a couple recipes I had found in magazines. I do not like to have to deal with bones while eating this so I use chicken tenders. If you prefer dark meat you can use boneless thighs. This is one of my daughter's favorite meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice onion and bell pepper. Cut each chicken tender into 4 pieces. Saute onion, bell pepper and chicken in olive oil in a large covered skillet until chicken is lightly browned on each side and onion and bell peppers are tender. Remove chicken, onion and bell pepper to a bowl. Discard oil.
- 2Add all remaining ingredients to skillet. Then add onions, peppers and chicken. Stir and cook over medium heat until sauce begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for approximately 30 minutes, making sure chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 3When sauce and chicken are cooked, remove bay leaf and discard.
- 4Serve sauce over cooked egg noodles and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 601.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: