Recipe by BennyMade
I like this over rice, filling and inexpensive.
Top Review by ARathkamp
This version is a lot like a Bobby Flay recipe I found on Food Network's website. The only adaptations are to to use a red onion instead of yellow, add a jalapeno, some rosemary and balsamic vinegar. Either way, I think it's fantastic!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (5 count) package chicken thighs, about 2 to 3 pounds
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, quartered
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper in a flat dish or pie plate. Dredge chicken thighs lightly in flour mixture, patting off excess. In a large skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil, when oil is hot add chicken, browning on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- In the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker add, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, carrot, tomatoes, chili flakes, remaining salt and pepper, basil and parsley. Add chicken, chicken broth and wine. Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 4 to 6 hours.