Recipe by Wendy Melly
Found on the back of a box of Ronzoni Rigatoni. I'm curious about the calorie content since it was quite tasty
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, whole, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook past according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in 5-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil; add chicken. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes; push to one side of saucepan.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Toss hot pasta and sauce; serve with fresh parsley and cheese.