Recipe by lauralie41
The main dish on a menu emailed from ArcaMax Chef. To make this diet friendly use skinless chicken.
Top Review by awalde
This is a rustic easy recipe, easy to prepare and good for dinner after a working day. Served with pasta will make almost all children happy.<br/>To the recipe I added some chopped red pepper (just after the onions).<br/>Thanks a lot for this moist, tasty and delicious dish,
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs, breasts)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay chicken pieces out and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a skillet with hot oil brown chicken on both sides. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet add onion and garlic and saute. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, oregano and basil. Add browned chicken to the mixture and simmer for 45 minutes. Add mushrooms and wine and simmer for another twenty minutes.
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta well. Serve chicken and sauce over hot pasta.