Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The main dish on a menu emailed from ArcaMax Chef. To make this diet friendly use skinless chicken.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs, breasts)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 lb pasta
- Lay chicken pieces out and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a skillet with hot oil brown chicken on both sides. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet add onion and garlic and saute. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, oregano and basil. Add browned chicken to the mixture and simmer for 45 minutes. Add mushrooms and wine and simmer for another twenty minutes.
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta well. Serve chicken and sauce over hot pasta.
This is a rustic easy recipe, easy to prepare and good for dinner after a working day. Served with pasta will make almost all children happy.<br/>To the recipe I added some chopped red pepper (just after the onions).<br/>Thanks a lot for this moist, tasty and delicious dish,
Yum! An excellent Cacciatore. I rough chopped the onions for textural reasons and added in half of a green pepper because it was there and as I used home canned tomatoes that were quite acidic I added a tsp or two of sugar. DH has already called dibs on the leftovers. Thanks for posting! Made for Culinary Quest 2014
I quartered a 1.5 kilo (about 3lb chicken) and then followed through (I was concerned about the amound of tomatoe paste and with a little research what they call tomatoe paste in the US is more like our pasta sauce [I used Jensens Organic Basil and Garlic Sauce]}. The chicken was cooked after the first 45 minuites so transfered to oven (at 100c fan forced to keep warm) with a couple of scoops of the sauce and the rest of the sauce was put on a rapid boil to reduce the sauce and then sprinkled the finely chopped oregano and basiil upon serving. Overall enjoyed and yes would make again when the DHis not about. Thank ou Lauralie41, made for Newest ZAAR Tag