Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
For the Italian side in all of us...this is the perfect Italian comfort food.
- 1 large broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, stems chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Cut up chicken, wash & dry.
- Heat oil & butter until bubbly.
- Add chicken & cook slowly till golden brown.
- Remove & set aside.
- Add all chopped ingredients, let cook slowly, stirring as not to burn.
- When slightly brown, add tomato paste & two cans water.
- Add parsley.
- Replace chicken in gravy & cook till tender over low heat about an hour.
- Serve with rice.