Adapted to serve 4 from the South Beach Diet Online. Phase 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups mushrooms (halved or quartered)
- 3 cups whole wheat penne, cooked
- 1coat a large no-stick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
- 2Season both sides of breast halves with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- 3Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, turning once.
- 4Remove chicken and set aside.
- 5Add onions, peppers, and garlic to skillet and saute for 5 - 8 minutes. (or until onions are tender.).
- 6Add tomatoes with juice, wine, and mushrooms, then return chicken to skillet.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes (or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.).
- 8If sauce is too thin, transfer chicken to a warm dish and set aside. Cook the sauce, uncovered, at a brisk simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chicken and sauce over the pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 345.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 53.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: