Recipe by cylee
Easy recipe with items most likely in your pantry. Delicious over pasta!
Top Review by loof
WOW! This was deeeelicious!! I used skinless chicken breasts and legs and browned in olive oil. I made this just as directed and served it with rotini pasta, which was perfect for holding in all that fantastic sauce. The sauce was very flavorful and creamy (I guess because of the addition of tomato soup). This dish was very easy to prepare and my whole family loved it!
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed
- 10 1⁄2 ounces tomato soup (1 can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken pieces in oil and remove to plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add onion to pan and saute until soft, do not burn.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, chicken may be skinned and removed from bones if desired.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Simmer, covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Skim fat, serve over spaghetti.