Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I do the entire process in my electric fry pan....only one pan to clean up. I usually serve with ziti, salad and garlic bread.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- cooking spray
- 2 medium green peppers or 2 medium red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook chicken over med-hi heat until browned.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- In same skillet over medium heat cook onions and peppers until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Over high heat bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Stir occasionally.