I do the entire process in my electric fry pan....only one pan to clean up. I usually serve with ziti, salad and garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- cooking spray
- 2 medium green peppers or 2 medium red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook chicken over med-hi heat until browned.
- 2Remove chicken to a plate.
- 3In same skillet over medium heat cook onions and peppers until lightly browned.
- 4Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- 5Return chicken to skillet.
- 6Over high heat bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- 8Stir occasionally.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.9 mg
- Sodium 704.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 56.8 g