Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Crock Pot Chicken Breast Cacciatore. Source: www.justcrockpotrecipes.com
- 3 chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 green pepper, seeded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can whole tomato (15 oz)
- 1 can sliced mushroom (, 4 oz)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, minced
- Halve chicken breasts.
- Chop pepper.
- Wash well, and pat dry.
- Combine ingredients in Crockpot.
- Add chicken pieces, pushing down into liquid to thoroughly moisten and coat.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
I love to use the crockpot, and this was just the dish I love to make. It was put together in a flash, turned on, and voilà, a wonderful dinner. I only cooked it 7 hours, just to make sure the chicken breasts didnt dry out too much. Served with a green salad, and garlic toast. Truly a good crockpot recipe.
This was excellent!! I used 1 chopped onion instead of onion powder, and added one chopped tomato as well .. This was so easy, thanks!
This was a very good, easy dish. I modified the recipe slightly. I used two chicken breasts, used a can of Italian seasoned diced tomatoes instead of whole, no mushrooms, and omitted the pimientos. It was a very hearty meal for two people. The chicken absorbs all the wonderful flavors of the tomatoes and pepper. We ate with garlic toast, but I think next time I will serve pasta. I am going to be sharing this recipe with other family members. Thanks for posting!