Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious. This originally came from The New Doubleday cook book, and has been tweaked a bit.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 yellow onions, peeled crushed
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- heat oil in large pot over high heat.
- Cook chicken, remove from pot.
- cook onions 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, break clumps.
- Mix wine, tomato paste & rosemary, add to pot.
- Return chicken to pot.
- Add salt & pepper, simmer 45 minutes.
- Cook liguine accordingly while sauce simmers.
- Toss with sauce and chicken with linguine, serve.