Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Recipe copied from 'Fresh' on Tv ninemsn.com.au in Australia and we found it very tasty.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 100 g pancetta, cut into 4 cm pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 200 g thickly sliced button mushrooms
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- cooked spaghetti (or salad) or fettuccine (or salad)
- garlic bread
- Heat oil in a deep casserole dish, set over a medium high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, until browned all over, set aside. Cook pancetta until beginning to crisp, set aside.
- In the same casserole dish cook onion, garlic, celery, carrot and mushrooms until softened. Add tomatoes, oregano, tomato paste, stock and red wine. Mix briefly to combine.
- Return chicken and pancetta to casserole dish, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 1 hour, remove lid and cook for a further half hour.
- Stir in olives, season to taste and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve over hot pasta, with salad and garlic bread.
I amended this recipe for my electronic pressure cooker & it came out delish. Great addition to my recipe collection, thanks for sharing.
good easy recipe, didn't have pancetta so used bacon and still pretty good, also added some fresh basil as I love the taste and smell it gives, even my 1 year old enjoyed it! ;)