Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is adapted from the Big Freeze episode of Healthy Appetite on the Food Network. I made the full batch and froze half.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (organic)
- salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (organic)
- 453.59 g white mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 411.06 g can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown well on both sides and remove.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), oregano, red pepper flakes, a sprinkling of salt, if desired.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and simmer, covered, until done, about 15-20 minutes.