Recipe by Chuckster
Healthy dish that can also be prepared with pork chops or veal.
Top Review by Derf
Made this for dinner tonight, very good!!! Had some fresh mushroom to use up and some fresh plumb tomatoes which I skinned and chopped. They worked great. Cut it back for 2 and served it over tomato flavoured brown rice. Thanks for sharing Chuckster, will do this one again!!
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
- Saute 5 min per side in 2 T oil (I make this in my wok).
- Set chicken aside and cook onion and garlic 5 min.
- Deglaze pan with wine.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, spices.
- Mix well.
- Add chicken and simmer covered 45 min.
- Serve over pasta.
- Sauce freezes well.
- You can also make this with pork chops or veal.