Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A zesty alternative to plain spaghetti sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canundrained stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- Heat butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken.
- Saute' 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken.
- Drain all but 2-3 tbs of drippings.
- Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper to skillet.
- Saute' until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth, and italian seasoning.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain well.
- Place pasta in large serving bowl and spoon sauce and chicken over top.
Very tasty! I didn't have a green bell pepper but it still turned out tasting wonderful :) Perfect amount of flavor & seasoning!!!