Recipe by StreetChef
Found this recipe tucked away in my stash. It came from a friend at work. You can use chicken parts or boneless skinless breast to lighten it up.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut in strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in hot oil until golden brown.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Combine tomato paste, white wine, chicken broth, salt, pepper, thyme, basil and bay leaf.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and simmer 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper. Cover and continue to cook 20 minutes.