1/6 Photos of Chicken Cacciatore
Not you regular cacciatore. This is a comfort dish made easy and lower in fat using skinless chicken breast. Has a dry rub and is quicker cooking then legs. Rich with lots of browned vegetables. This seems like a lot of work, but is made in no time and seems like you've been cooking for hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, if needed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 red pepper, sliced into rings then cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms or 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1In a coffee grinder grind coriander with salt and pepper.
- 2Rub into chicken.
- 3Heat a large heavy pot place oil in pot to cover bottom.
- 4When hot brown chicken 3 minutes each side.
- 5Remove to plate.
- 6If needed add oil to pot and stir fry the celery, carrots, red pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and onion seasoned with salt and pepper for 5 minutes till browned.
- 7Add wine and scrape all the goodness from the bottom of the pan.
- 8Cook 5 minutes till wine is reduced in half.
- 9Add remaining ingredients and cook for 10 minutes return chicken to pot and cook for 10 more minutes till chicken is cooked.
- 10Serve on a large platter garnished with fresh basil and lemon slices.
- 11Top with grated cheese if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (653 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.0
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 743.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 53.2 g