Recipe by HisPixie
This is an official "Five A Day" recipe and provides 4 people with one serving of vegetables each. I used a coleslaw mix instead of cabbage which made it pretty easy too. I also added a little more sauce, using some chicken broth.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups cabbage, cut into 1-inch slices or 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken halves into strips.
- Heat oil in skillet; add chicken strips and stir fry over moderately high heat, turning pieces constantly until lightly browned (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add cabbage and stir fry about 2 minutes or until cabbage is tender-crisp.
- Mix cornstarch and seasonings, add to the 1/2 cup water and soy sauce, mixing until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. (I added some chicken broth to make more sauce.).
- Cook until thickened and pieces are coated, about 1 minute.