Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very simple recipe
- 2 lbs chicken
- 8 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- cheddar cheese
- Boil chicken in water with garlic, onion, and chili seasoning (to your taste) until chicken will shred.
- shred chicken.
- mix chicken with cream of chicken soup, black beans, and taco seasoning.
- fill tortillas with chicken mixture.
- top with cheese.
- cook covered for 20 minutes, uncovered until cheese melts.
This is a very good base recipe to build on! I never would have thought of adding cream of chicken soup to a burrito filling but I actually really liked the texture it gave! I added a half pint of home canned diced tomatoes and also stirred some cheese into the mix as well as putting it over the top! The measurements given for the soup and the beans were a little weird - I just used the entire can of each (10.5 ounces and 15 ounces respectively) and got a generous 6 servings.
I gave this recipe 4 stars. I made these for Spring PAC 2010. My family really liked these burritos. My only complaint was there was no amounts given for water so I covered my chicken with water which was a bit more then needed. No amounts given for garlic so I used a couple minced cloves. No chili seasoning listed in the ingredients so I used a packet of chili powder. I skipped cooking these in the oven as there was no temp. listed. Overall these were very good and I'll make these again. Thanks for posting a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)
Very quick and easy and my boys enjoyed this. I liked that it used black beans. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.