Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious spicy chicken wrap filled with LOADS of fresh salad vegetables.
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (we use tikka masala or korma made by Pataks, but it doesnt matter which you use)
- 1 onion
- 3 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- grated carrot
- 1 (270 g) bottle plain yogurt
- 1 (150 g) can coconut cream, if using korma
- Chop onion and fry until tender. Add diced chicken and indian paste. Cook until the chicken is well cooked. If using korma add coconut cream or you could add a little water to stop it sticking to the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, warm the wraps in a low oven (about 150 degrees celcius for 15 minutes). Enclose the wraps in tin foil to hold the moisture.
- Once the wraps are warm and the chicken is cooked, spread a little hummus on one 1/2 of the burrito wraps. I usually dish these up 1 at a time to make it easier. Put your chicken in the middle of your tortilla making sure you dont use too much of the sauce or it gets messy to eat. Place yogurt (if desired) on the chicken the fill the wrap with all your favourite salads vegetables. We use lettuce, grated carrot and diced tomato. Gently wrap together and secure with a toothpick.
- A good alternative to wrapping is to spread hummus on one side of the wrap and stack chicken and salad vegetables with the option of a second wrapper on top.
- Rolled, these can be finger food but beware, it can get messy.