Recipe by jecooks
This is a recipe I created when we had leftover chicken and tortillas on hand and wanted something with a little Mexican flavor. I like to serve it with Spanish rice and chips & salsa. I use a can of tomatoes and the juice from a can of Rotel tomatoes because I don't like it to be too spicy. If you like it hot, you can forget the plain tomatoes and just use the whole can of Rotel. You can also add other toppings to the finished burritos, like sour cream, lettuce, etc.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken, cooked and cut up
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 14 1⁄2 ounces no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 10 ounces rotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (USE JUICE ONLY, see note above)
- 6 flour tortillas, heated in skillet or microwave
- shredded cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, combine chicken, soup, tomatoes, and Rotel juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through and thickened a little (about 15 minutes).
- Sprinkle center of tortilla with shredded cheese, add chicken mixture, and roll up burrito.