Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) canhealthy request chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, coarsely chopped & drained
- 1 cup uncooked noodles
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, water, taco seasoning, garlic,& parsley flakes.
- Add corn, red& green peppers, onion, chicken, kidney beans,& undrained tomatoes.
- Mix well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked noodles.
- Lower heat, cover& simmer for about 15 min or until vegetables& noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
This is a very tasty quick soup. I could see a busy mother whipping this up for her family on a work night. Only takes about 25 minutes total. It smells really good, too! I used a large can of chicken, more taco seasoning, a whole can of beans, drained, whole can of tomatoes, drained and 1/8 t of garlic powder. I used skinny egg noodles because sometimes noodles cooked in a dish can get too starchy. It's delicious and I plan to serve it with some corn muffin mix baked in my muffin top pan. YUM!
I have this recipie from another website and I love it. I make it all the time. I usually use a little more onion, beans and chicken and nly slightly increase the water. I also put a bigger can of undrained tomatoes in. I put 2 heaping spoons of taco mix in but really it is hard to mess this soup up. Great for beginners.