Very yummy, fairly easy to make. Another OAMC recipe I use in my catering biz.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 cups instant rice or 2 cups standard rice
- 2 medium chopped onions or 4 tablespoons dried onion
- 4 chopped garlic cloves or 2 teaspoons packaged chopped garlic
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons sour cream (1 medium sized container)
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1Dissolve bouillon in water, bring to a boil add instant rice and set aside. If using standard rice, add rice to water mixture, bring to a boil , cover, cook on low for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, place olive oil in a large dutch oven, cook the onion until caramelized. Then add garlic, long enough to let the garlic sweat.
- 3Add the cut up chicken to the onion garlic mixture, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Cook until chicken is completely cooked.
- 5Add taco seasoning and water, mix well and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- 6Add crushed tomatoes.
- 7(For super spicy add Tabasco sauce to taste).
- 8Add rice mixture.
- 9Stir in sour cream.
- 10Place 1 to 1.5 cup measurements into containers.
- 11Place 1-2 tortillas in wax paper, presteaming or spraying with no-stick spray helps keep them from drying out too much.
- 12Fold up the wax paper as tight as you can, I seal it like an envelope and tape it shut with masking tape.
- 13Place on top of rice/chicken mixture, cover container and freeze.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Burrito - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 423.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: