Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
Very yummy, fairly easy to make. Another OAMC recipe I use in my catering biz.
Top Review by Southernhopsing
This was good and got an enthusiastic nod from my picky ds. I used a 3.5 lb pack of bone-in chicken breasts in the crock pot with the garlic, onion, taco seasoning (made from this site), and most of a 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes instead of tomatoes/water. When cooked, I removed the bones, shredded the chicken and returned it to the tomato sauce, then added the rice and sour cream. I then filled 18 large flour tortillas. Very easy!!! Thanks for the post.
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 cups instant rice or 2 cups standard rice
- 2 medium chopped onions or 4 tablespoons dried onion
- 4 chopped garlic cloves or 2 teaspoons packaged chopped garlic
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons sour cream (1 medium sized container)
- 12 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve bouillon in water, bring to a boil add instant rice and set aside. If using standard rice, add rice to water mixture, bring to a boil , cover, cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil in a large dutch oven, cook the onion until caramelized. Then add garlic, long enough to let the garlic sweat.
- Add the cut up chicken to the onion garlic mixture, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until chicken is completely cooked.
- Add taco seasoning and water, mix well and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes.
- (For super spicy add Tabasco sauce to taste).
- Add rice mixture.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Place 1 to 1.5 cup measurements into containers.
- Place 1-2 tortillas in wax paper, presteaming or spraying with no-stick spray helps keep them from drying out too much.
- Fold up the wax paper as tight as you can, I seal it like an envelope and tape it shut with masking tape.
- Place on top of rice/chicken mixture, cover container and freeze.