Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of our family favorites. Super good and easy to prepare. Think about making changes like adding sour cream, cilantro and avocado. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Mexico.
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup prepared green chili salsa
- 1 (2 cup) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) containersrefrigerated alfredo sauce
- shredded lettuce
- diced avocado
- chopped cilantro leaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken, salsa and 1/2 cup cheese in large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the middle of a tortilla. Fold one edge over and roll up. Place, seam down, in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Combine pasta sauce and remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese in mixing bowl. Spread over burritos.
- Bake until sauce is bubbling and browned in spots, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Garnish with lettuce, avocado or cilantro if desired.
Soothing flavor and texture. I loved the ease of prep. I used precooked grilled chicken, which added a nice flavor dimension. I wish I had used a hotter salsa in retrospect. Something to keep in mind if you don't have children or "only mild" eaters in the family.