Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From "Cooking for Diabetics", Weekend magazine.
Top Review by Michelle Kasper
Not difficult to make but they seemed rather dry. I think if I would have used a darker meat like thigh meat it would not have been so dry. Also, I was afraid that I had not cooked them all the way through so after browning I place the pan in the oven for a while until the center was very hot. I would make again but with modificaitons.
- 400 g chicken, minced
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 egg white
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 small lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 slices onions
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 whole grain buns
For the sauce
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chicken, breadcrumbs, egg white, lemon rind, garlic, mint, rosemary and tomato paste in a processor and pulse until smooth.
- Wet your palms.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers.
- Now make the sour cream sauce.
- It's simple.
- All you got to do is mix all the ingredients for it together and that's it- it's ready.
- Spray a little oil in a non-stick pan.
- Cook the burgers until well browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Slice the buns horizontally.
- Layer the lettuce, burger, sour cream sauce, tomato and onion on the bottom half of the bun.
- Place the top half of the bun over it.
- Serve warm.