Recipe by SuzanneThePainter
These delicious and healthy burgers always hit the spot and aren’t difficult to prepare - especially if you have a food processor to do the chopping for you.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 medium orange bell peppers (chopped fine) or 1⁄2 medium yellow bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken (one full package)
Roasted Bell Pepper Burger Topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1⁄2 medium orange bell peppers (cut into strips) or 1⁄2 medium yellow bell pepper (cut into strips)
Additional Needed Ingredients
- 8 rolls
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl place ground chicken and the first five ingredients, stir to combine completely until the mixture is consistent and smooth.
- Place a grill pan, or regular skillet, (if you plan to do these on the grill, know that they are very moist and will need to be placed very gently on the grill.) Spray it with non-stick spray and set the skillet/grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice the remaining bell peppers into strips,.
- toss with the olive oil and sugar. Place into a second skillet set to medium heat.
- Cook these stirring occasionally until they soften and get little black char marks (depending on how hot your stove is, this may take 4-7 minutes).
- Divide the burger mixture into 8 even amounts and shape with hands then place into skillet. The burgers should be roughly ½ inch thick throughout.
- Cook the burgers for 7 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear and they have an internal temperature of 170° before serving.
- To assemble the burgers, place on a fresh.
- Italian roll with mayo and cooked bell peppers on top.