A tasty alternative to a beef burger. Don't be afraid of making your own mayo,it's so simple and SO delicious!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1⁄4 lbs chopped chicken meat
- 6 slices rindless streaky bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
Blue Cheese Mayo
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 pint light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 4 hamburger buns
- Cut chicken thigh into pieces and put into food processor.Cut 2 bacon rashers into pieces and add to the chicken.Blend until coarsely chopped.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan and add the garlic and shallot.Cook for about 2 mins,until soft.Remove from the pan,drain of excess oil and leave to cool.
- Add the garlic,shallot,tarragon and breadcrumbs to the chicken mixture.Season well and mix to combine.
- Divide mixture into four and with lightly floured hands shape into four burgers.Chill for 30 minutes.
- For the Mayo-.
- Whisk the egg yolk,mustard and plenty of seasoning in a bowl until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the mixture is thick and smooth.Whisk in the vinegar,crumble in the blue cheese and fold it into the mayo with the chives.Chill.
- Grill the remaining bacon until crisp,cook the burgers on a medium heat for about 15 mins,turning once.
- Toast the buns.Arrange salad leaves on one half of the buns,top with chicken burger,spoonful of mayo and bacon rasher,then the top of the bun.Serve!
OK, I cheated a bit and didn't make burger out of the chicken, just used the boneless chicken thighs. Flavor was good and of course bacon makes everything taste better....the mayo made this stand out! Very tasty spread. I used only half a tsp of mustard but did follow the rest. Thanks for sharing!
A delicious alternative, tastier than many chicken burgers I've tried. I crumbled a little bacon on top of each burger, which provided that bacony taste but with less fat and sodium. Also, have to admit on cheating with the mayo - just added some blue cheese to a good commercial mayo. I think the caper mayo I made earlier would also be good with this sandwich.
Made these tonight using chicken thighs, absolutely enjoyed these, BUT I have to say the Bleu-cheese mayo, really hit the SPOT. What a delightful quick dinner tonight. Made for PRMR tag..