Recipe by I'mPat
From Super Food Ideas. A healthy low fat burger recipes with lots of flavour. Portuguese seasoning was specified but I couldn't find it or a recipe to make it, so have suggested Italian seasoning.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Our family loved these chicken burgers with avocado salsa. I appreciated the fact that they were healthy. It's simple to prepare and really tasty. The chicken has very good flavor. I especially loved the avocado salsa. The only thing I did differently was to use a whole avocado. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 (500 g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons oil (rice bran was stated)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 medium avocado (diced)
- 125 g corn kernels (drained)
- 1 red capsicum (small diced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 hamburger buns (split and toasted wholemeal or wholegrain)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1 cup lettuce leaf (mixed salad leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthways and place chicken between 2 sheets of baking paper and using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken until 1cm thick.
- Place oil, seasoning, oregano and garlic in a glass or ceramic bowl and add chicken and toss to coast and cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Place avocado, corn, capsicum and lemon juice in a bowl and toss gently to combine, cover and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and cook chicken in 2 batrches for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through and transfer to a plate, cover with foil to keep worm.
- Spread the base of each bread roll with mayonnaise and top with salad leaves, chicken breast and avocado mixture and top with roll tops and serve.