Recipe by The Flying Chef
Yummy chicken burger served on focaccia and topped with avocado cream. You can also put any thing else you like in your bun tomato, lettuce, sprouts, mayo etc..
- 800 g minced chicken
- 3 slices bacon, rashers finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg (or 2 medium eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs available at most Asian grocery stores, if you can't get them regular are fine)
- focaccia bread (or burger buns, whatever your preference)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 125 g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, bacon, cheese, green onion, egg and breadcrumbs well in a bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan, add patties and cook until browned on both sides and chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Avocado Cream.
- Allow cream cheese to sit at room temperature for awhile, to allow it to soften more, so it is easier to mix.
- Combine avocado, cheese and lemon juice in a bowl with a fork until all the ingredients are well combined.
- To serve: Place burger on focaccia or bun and top with avocado cream.