Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ground chicken is easy to make yourself if you have a food processor. You can vary the seasonings on these burgers to suit your whim, adding the herbs and spices of your favorite country to create the flavor you want. Try 'em.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 buns or 4 rolls
- Dijon mustard
- purple onion, slices
- tomatoes, slices
- 1 leaf lettuce
- Pulse chicken in a food processor 6 times, or until ground.
- Add minced onion and next 7 ingredients and process for two (2) minutes.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Cook patties in a large greased skillet (or on an outdoor grill) about 5 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Serve with rolls and condiments of your choice.
My son loved it. He said it was the best chicken that he ever ate.I followed the directions, the only change I made was using boneless skinless thighs. I thought that it was a little too spicy, and too strong an onion flavor.I will make it again & cut down on the seasonings.This was easy to make.
These were very good, a little bit strong in the onion department. But that is just our taste. We had them with crispy bacon, barbque sauce and Colby Jack Cheese, yummy. Very good low fat recipe! (low fat before I added the bacon & cheese :0)