Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another way to use leftover chicken. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1981)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- Combine first 4 ingredients (chicken - eggs) in a medium bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use and then form into 6 patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add patties to pan and fry until brown, turning once.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce, mayo and tomatoes or as desired.
This made a nice supper for my DH and his visiting friend last night. One loved it, the other didn't, hence the 4 stars. This was easy to put together, and looked good! I served it with Sesame Peanut Spaghetti Squash and Cucumber Relish. Thank you Ellie!